When it comes to writing anything, the first basic rule is to conduct thorough research and then write anything at all. In addition to this, a number of other rules, principles, and strategies will help you with the task of creating content for your website.
- Pay attention to creating a right title. You need to understand that a good title is equally important for the users as well as the search engines. It is important to take your time and select a title that is enticing yet readable – it should also be descriptive and give people an idea about what the whole content is going to explain.
- Make sure to use high quality content. What it means is that at the time of writing anything, you should take special care to avoid spellings and grammatical mistakes. Remember, silly grammatical and typographical errors will hurt your website in a big way.
- Provide useful details about the topic. What it actually means is that after the latest Google updates, the search engines are more in favor of in-depth written content. The Hummingbird update has changed the old idea of writing smaller articles with several bullets and points.
- Determine the purpose of writing before starting the task. Sometimes, you simply want to inform your visitors about something, and on other occasions, you want them to visit a particular page for more info. No matter what the case is, have your purpose defined clearly.
- After the latest Google updates, there is no place for overly promotional content. You cannot leave an impact on your visitors or search engines with overly promotional marketing blurbs. Similarly, you need to avoid fluffy wording and be clear in what you’re trying to say through your writing.
- Be sure to make the right use of H tags, as they will go a long way in telling the search engines about the most important parts in your content.
- It is true that you can take advantage of custom fonts to make your web page look attractive, but you have to understand that these fonts will make your page heavier and affect its loading speed.
- Set your priorities right when creating your content. As mentioned, you need to ensure that your text contains no spelling or sentence syntax issues, but sometimes, you may have to forsake flow, grammar, etc., to help your writing create more of an impact. So, know how to proceed.
- Don’t refer to a brochure of manufacture specs when writing descriptions. The reason is that someone may have already used the same information, which means you will actually be using copied content on your website. Google and other search engines may penalize your website for plagiarizing.
- It is a good idea to rewrite content, but at the same time, you should make use of specific plagiarism-check tools to ensure that you haven’t accidentally copied sentences or phrases.
- Write for the people who have difficulty understanding your language. What it means is that your content should be easily readable for the ones who come with English as a second language. Keeping your content simple and easy-to-read will make it more effective.
- When creating content for your website, always bear in mind that it should never look like a single-page website. Many scammers use the same trick and design a landing-page only website to convince people about making a purchase. If you do the same, the people will also see you in the same light.
- Make sure to write your content keeping your audience in mind. It also implies that you should write for humans and think about search engines later. The good thing is that after the latest Google updates, writing something for humans will also work well for search engines. In other words, there is no room for overly optimized and keyword rich content. So, take your time and write engaging content.
- Always try to stick to the point and lose direction of your copy. Remember, if you talk about a single point and take it with you throughout the content, it will become difficult for the reader to ignore it. Even if your visitors skim read the content, they will still understand what you want to say or what you want them to do.
Always plan first and write later. Remember, you’re writing for a reason. It is important that you know the purpose and plan your writing first. This will help you draw a better conclusion and leave a better impact on your readers.